Thursday, November 28, 2013

LAS VEGAS

So you all know that I am really into running and I love to run half marathons. I never thought I would but that what happened and I enjoy it.
A while ago I signed up for the Las Vegas Rockn Roll Half Marathon and I was glad I could bring my family on this adventure weekend.

So Mid November it was time, we packed our bags and started the roadtrip to Las Vegas.
It was a long long drive, but the kids were excited and happy especially since I had told them so many fun stories about the Vegas strip and the crazy, over the top hotels.

We were a bunch of girls running it and it turned into an awesome funfilled weekend.

Saturday was busy with sightseeing and some pooltime followed by a delicious Carb-filled dinner at Bucca di Beppo (you just gotta have pasta the night before a long run...).

Sunday morning while Mark was sleeping in I took the kids to the adventuredome in the Circus Circus hotel because we had some time and because I had promised them. The timing was perfect since there were no lines and the kids could go on a bunch of rides. I think Naiya rode the rollercoaster about 5 times.
Around lunch it was time to go back and meet the rest of the group for some food and then we had to get ready for the run since it was an EVENING run!
Yes!! An Evening Run on the Las Vegas strip!
The whole strip was blocked off from traffic, just to see that was incredibly exciting.
What can I say: the run was overwhelming and amazing. I am so blessed that I can do these things and that my family could be there with me. Running the strip at night with all the lights and lasers and music playing is something I will never forget.

 
At the Trump Tower hotel (kids loved it there)

 
Me and the kids at the Rockn Roll Expo

 
 

 
At Treasure Island


Of course had to stop at the M&M store

 
Dip in the hotel pool



Had to take a SELFIE!


Dinner with the group 
 
 
Kids loved to play in our hotel room and look down the window

 
Adventure Dome


Love the expression on his face - I can see how nervous he is
 

 
My fabulous running partners



Gotta have fun!
 


Posing after with our medals
 


Late night after race dinner at the Wynn
 




FIERCE!!!


 
 
 
Now what`s next????
Nina
XXXXOOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment