Monday, February 7, 2011

Long time no talk





Hello everyone,


long time no see. I have totally been slacking in updating my blog...and I am not happy about it!

Seems like the only time when I have time for this is in the middle of the night when I actually should be sleeping.

Oh well, I hope you forgive me.

Let`s think what we have been up to.

We had a great Christmas .My Mom and brother came over to visit from Germany and it was just so wonderful to have them here. I also found out some great news: I will be an aunt in June...an aunt of twins...WOW!!!

It was very sad when they left again and on those days I don`t like living here.On those days I wished I was back in Germany..but those moments pass by quickly especially with my 2 crazy honeybugs buzzing around.


On January 14 I ran my FIRST half marathon.Well not really, I did relay and ran 8.6 miles. But I was very proud of myself and I did awesome time.
I think I can call myself a runner now.

Already signed up for the next...on March 27 in Tucson..this time I am doing the whole 13 miles!!


Me and my family after the race...Calan had a moment and didn`t want to be in the picture



My running buddy Joni and I

Just got in at the relay stop after 8.6 miles...WOW..what a feeling!!


I also started a new 8 week challenge right after New Year.

Tomorrow week 6 is starting and it is going well. Definitely slower than the firts time, but maybe there is less fat to lose now..ha ha
I am down another 9 pounds and a few inches and I am hoping for 5 more pounds in the next 3 weeks. I think I can do it.

The kids are doing good. Naiya still loves school even though she has her moments. She definitely doesn`t like to do homework , that is always a challenge. So I came up with a sticker chart and after 5 days of doing her homework without drama she can go to the dollarstore and pick something. That seems to work.Lately she actually rather wants the $1 in cash since she wants to save money to go back to the Build a Bear store and buy things for "Princess" (her pink dog) .

Calan also got a sticker chart for listening and cleaning up.Let`s just say we are still working on the success...


Time for me to go to bed.
Stay warm wherever you are. And come back to see me!

Nina



XXXOOO















No comments:

Post a Comment